One of the first recipes I shared was my strawberry shortcake lasagna. It’s a lovely cake I make every spring and summer, especially when I can get my favorite fresh, overripe strawberries from the strawberry stand a mile from our house. I was thinking about the cake last week and realized it really should be a cake. Layer cake is nice, but it’s easy to keep in the fridge and take with you to parties. So here is my strawberry lasagna cake recipe.
It started with a yellow cake mix that I tweaked a bit to give it a little lemonade flavor. I add fresh strawberry juice, lemon curd and cut strawberries. Then it is covered with a layer of freshly whipped cream. Strawberry shortcake lasagna is deliciously fresh with the sour and sweet taste of strawberry lemonade. It’s a great pre-made dessert!
How to make strawberry shortcake lasagna
I think I’ve told you many times before that I like pasta and that I would eat it all the time. I could very well be a kind of Garfield who eats lasagna all day and I admit that at one point I became obsessed with eating lasagna. It was actually just a relentless search for a very good lasagna that would satisfy me.
I realized after a while that I couldn’t find her. I had not eaten a real lasagna, but I felt that what I kept eating did not amount to the true value of this food. After a series of many disappointments, I finally understood that if I wanted to eat an absolutely delicious lasagna, I would have to get my hands on it. At that time I didn’t cook much and I didn’t know that I had such a passion hidden in me, but pasta always awakened in me feelings that made me push my limits.
It was, of course, then a lasagna. I only do it very rarely because it is still heavy and because we can’t help but eat like desperation from it. Although I managed to pose for the blog at one point, she didn’t get here. Who knows, maybe at some point it will end In the meantime, I came to try and appreciate other forms of lasagna. I made a very good lasagna with salmon and spinach last weekend.
Strawberry Shortcake Lasagna RecipePrint
Strawberry Shortcake Lasagna, a fun twist on the classic Spring dessert Strawberry Shortcake!
- 4 c. fat free cool whip
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 boxes reduced fat Nilla Wafers
- 1 lb. Strawberries, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until medium peaks form.
- Assemble lasagna: In a 9″-x-13″ pan, spread a thin layer of whipped cream. Top with a layer of Nilla Wafers and spread a thick layer of whipped cream on top. Top with a layer of strawberries. Repeat two times, ending with strawberries. Sprinkle with crushed Nilla Wafers.
- Refrigerate until Nilla Wafers are totally soft, 3 hours, or up to overnight.
- Sprinkle with more powdered sugar, then slice and serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 117kcal
- Sugar: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
Keywords: strawberry shortcake lasagna